I suppose it does not make a lot of sense to have a blog with a title like Woza Friday, and then not explaining what it actually means. The title comes from a song of the same name by Johnny Clegg, who is a South African artist. A full transcript of the lyrics can be found here.
Basically the song is an expression of the working man's struggle. Working too hard in a job that does not pay enough, wishing the weekend would just come. Woza Friday translated directly means Come on Friday. Seems like a good mantra to me. That is the general idea of what I hope to go for on this blog. Talking about the things that make life fun and worth working through a week for.
Back. Better than Ever.
10 years ago
2 comments:
How is this posted from the future?
The full story, which I heard personally by Johnny at one of his concerts, which I have to paraphrase:
A man working in the mines of Johannesburg, stays with a woman at her house during the week. Each week he tells her how much he loves her. When Friday comes, he's off to party and tells her that he will see her again when Monday comes.
OUCH !
Post a Comment